Friday, December 15, 2006

What do Lavell Edwards an Elf and Dell Schanze have in Common?

Answer: All three have starred in and/or produced some of the most bizarre local TV commercials I've ever seen.

Since my experiment a couple of days ago with reader submitted commercials didn't catch on, I have been forced to find some of my own. I hope to someday come up with a top 10 list, but for now I chose three of my favorites from Utah. Not all three of the ads I found are commercials or even videos, nonetheless you will probably find them funny if you've ever lived in Utah.


1) Totally Awesome Computers:

This company is no longer in business and all videos have been erased. Therefore, all I could find was an audio clip. But, for those who remember the commercials this audio clip of Dell Schanze criticizing the Better Business Bureau will bring back some dreaded memories of his annoying TV adds.




Totally AWESOME!



2) Big Lots

You have probably seen the happy little Big Lots elf in their new commercials. Now you can watch the auditions and how Mikey the elf beat up a two foot plastic reindeer in his quest to become the Big Lots Christmas SpokesElf.





Check out Mikey


3) Intellibed


This has to be the all time most awkward commercial I have ever seen. The legendary BYU football coach Lavell Edwards and Paul James, the former voice of BYU football, team up to make this bed commercial (the only problem is that they're in the same bed).

-I'll apologize in advance because this link doesn't go directly to the commercial, but follow the link below to the Intellibed website. From here you should see a picture of Lavell and under his picture the link to the commercial. Sorry!-



Awkward Bed Commercial






6 comments:

Grayson said...

ARRGG! Every time i drive back into Utah i'm bombarded by the idiotic billboards and radio jingles. I'm betting that there is a correlation between highway accidents on I-15 and the moronic advertisements we're suffered to bear. Two overweight overaged balding men lavishly snuggling on a high quality mattress you say? Well you've convinced me, do you take Visa? Please. I'd like to add my own addition to this list of commercials. The maverick monster and Britney Peaches. Since this campaign began back in the 2nd quarter of 2006 I have placed a personal ban on purchases from the every Maverick franchise, so that Britney and the Monster and the idiot wannabe steve irwin will be homeless and jobless as soon as possilbe. HAVE YOOOOOOOOOU SEEN HIM?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that mattress commercial was... awkward.

Thank goodness the world is now rid of Totally Awesome Computer ads. My sister was once at a movie at the Jordan Commons Megaplex when a Totally Awesome Computer ad came on the screen before the movie started and Dell Schanze was in the theater. He stood up and started yelling, "Go me! Go me! I RULE!!"

Man! He was so annoying.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://ciproxin.webs.com/]buy cipro[/url] buy cipro xr
buy cipro canada
buy cipro online no rx

Anonymous said...

[url=http://casodex-bicalutamide.webs.com/]Bica-Q
[/url] Casodex tablets
Bicatin
Calumid

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/ribavirin]purchase copegus
[/url] buy ribavirin online
order virazole online
purchase virazole

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/ribavirin]purchase ribavirin online
[/url] copegus 200 mg online
copegus 100 mg online
purchase rebetol online